1) Research interests Human-technology interaction, data analytics and visualization, & bibliometric analysis 2) Current academic status Health Technology and Informatics Librarian at UNC Health Sciences Library & Assistant Professor at Carolina Health Informatics Program 3) Favorite hobby or relaxation activity When I was a child, I loved writing and daydreaming. As a parent, my favorite […]
Author Archive for: admin
This author has yet to write their bio.Meanwhile lets just say that we are proud admin contributed a whooping 65 entries.
Entries by admin
1) Research interest Automatic assessment of the credibility of health information on social media 2) Current academic status I am in the fifth year of the Ph.D. program at SILS and aim to graduate in summer 2018. 3) Favorite hobby or relaxation activity Camping with my family is one of my hobbies. I recently had […]
1) Research interests Health systems, digital health, health information systems, system design and implementation, scale-up and sustainability of health IT initiatives in the low resource settings. 2) Current academic status I am currently a part-time doctoral student in the Carolina Health Informatics Program. I work full-time as the Senior Technical Specialist for Digital Health and […]
1) Research interest I am deeply interested in the fields of genomic medicine and genomic data science. As we move further into the era of precision medicine; scalable, secure, integrative, and most importantly, intuitive, information systems and software will be a fundamental pillar of critical health information infrastructure. 2) Current academic status I am currently […]
1) Research interests m-health, diabetes, electronic health records, patient-reported outcomes, precision medicine 2) Current academic status Health Informatics PhD student 3) Favorite hobby or relaxation activity Going to concerts 4) Book/s which inspired me Book that inspired me: The Snowball: Warren Buffett and the Business of Life Book that I would like to write: How […]
1) Research interests My research focuses on Healthcare Information Retrieval, particularly on studying human’s interaction with intelligent machines (e.g. conversational agents, search engines) in order to acquire health-related information. Recent work has been focused on conducting a usability study of healthcare chatbots and expected to potentially facilitate the research in patient personal assistant system as […]
Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology (JASIST) which is part of the Wiley Online Library. In 2014, the official name of the journal was changed to Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology. Dr. Mostafa started in the job last year. The news announcement can be found here: https://sils.unc.edu/news/2015/Editor-in-Chief-of-JASIST
Dr. Mostafa has joined the editorial board of the Information Processing & Management journal, a publication of Elsevier.
Carolina Health Informatics Program launches a new PhD program in Health Informatics at UNC-Chapel Hill The field of health IT is diverse, rapidly changing, and covers numerous areas of scholarship.
New PhD and Postdoctoral Fellowship training program in biomedical and health informatics launches in UNC-Chapel Hill.